Monday, July 14, 2008

Sleep Deprivation


So for those of you that know me fairly well, know that I really love to sleep in. When I had Kambri everyone kept telling me that it would end soon and that she would wake me up in the morning. Well so far she is still sleeping in until 9:00 or later. When she was a baby she would sleep in my bed with me in the mornings and we would sleep in. Well I have to say that Bennett is another story. He wakes up at about 7:00 every morning. Let me just tell you it is seriously killing me. I know I am pretty pathetic, but my body is accustomed to 9 hours, yes you read it, 9 hours of sleep at night. So I usually go to sleep pretty late and with Kambri even though she didn't sleep through the night for awhile it didn't matter because we slept in. With Bennett I try to go to bed earlier but he is waking up at least 2 times a night. I am hardly functioning by the time 5:00 at night rolls around. Ahhhh, I am mainly venting, but I would also like some advice of how to get him to sleep all night long. (I can't do the crying out thing) For now I will just have to make my body get used to it and be proud of myself for getting ready by 9:00. And for those of you that have babies that sleep all night long I don't even want to hear about it!!!
I thought these pictures were so cute, I find her sleeping in the funniest positions:)

10 comments:

Lindsey Rose said...

Kara, I have a great solution! You need to get the book, "How to solve your childs sleep problems" by Dr. Richard Ferber. It is a great book and gives advice on all kinds of sleeping problems. Bennett is still young, but we tried his methods and they really work! Hopefully you will be sleeping again soon!

Nicole said...

We had such fun times at girl's camp. I loved growing up in good old Riverdale! I remember us taking walks down by the river and you having parties at your house, I also remember playing softball in your yard and I slid in dog poop! or was it the Crowley's at that time? We have known eachother for a long time, there are alot of memories....

Bree said...

Kara, I don't know if I have any great advice, other than when I am consistant with something it is best. I guess these times aren't fresh on my mind, but I can still totally relate. And I so need 9 hours of sleep too, and I usually get it. Good luck and hopefully you're back to your needed 9 hours soon.
PS-I loved how you remember our made up camp names..good times. That was pretty clever of us if I do say so. Didn't we all tent together? But didn't Trina P. try to crash our tent too?

Toni said...

Do we need to worry about Ken's nakedness???

Let me just sympathize with you. Beckett doesn't sleep near as well as Piper or through the night. It's a killer. Hopefully someone on the comments will save us both.

Anonymous said...

Sleep deprivation is no fun at all. I think I've just got accustomed to sleeping only 5-6 hours a night. I wish I had some advice but I have a child that likes to hang out til his dad gets home from work!

Lisa said...

I feel your pain. The waking up early is bad, which both of my children do. But it is even harder when they are waking up during the night, it messes everything up. I am glad that my children aren't the only ones that struggle! Let me know what you decide to try.

Candace said...

You already know Russ' advice. HA HA HA! But since you asked not to hear it I won't tell you. 10 minutes is all it's taken with our kids.

Ashley ;o) said...

I feel your pain girl! I need at least 8 hours of sleep or I'm dead all day. I don't know how I used to stay up late doing homework and then go to class the next day. It must be because we're getting old! ;o)

And I wish I had some advice for you... but I really don't have much experience with that. ;o) But you're such an awesome mom Kara! And I'm sure he'll start sleeping through the night soon. Just hang in there! ;o)

Sarah Jayne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah Jayne said...

what has worked for both of my kids is gettin them on eating schedules. they eat every 3 hours during the day, as babies. If they are asleep, wake them up, and if they hungry before then, dont feed them. That way, they learn to eat enough every time and they will not wake up hungry in the night. That is just what worked for my kids. Good luck girl!