Monday, May 23, 2011

Fiery Furnace!

 I'm almost done with the Moab posting!  We did so many fun things I can't leave any behind.  This was probably the prettiest, neatest, and most fun things we did while in Moab.  We hiked what is called the Fiery Furnace.  You have to get a permit by watching a movie before you can even go in. Normally you would need to have a guide to go with you because there are no trails to follow. But we have some of our own guides, Dani, Barry, and Kelvin with us!  

Jordan and her Mom! They are very fun to be around and are a lot alike, hydrate or die Jordan!!!


Nani Dani with all of the older kiddos!
 They tell you all about the cryptobiotic soil that is alive and can be as old as 50 years. Don't you worry, leave it up to Bennett to destroy growing organisms alive in the dirt that everyone else has left alone:)  Ha yes we had a hard time keeping him off of it (seeing as it is everywhere!) 
It was so gorgeous I couldn't believe it!  I took a million pictures because everywhere I looked I was amazed at how awesome it was!

This was a very neat slot canyon!  I have never done anything like this so I had to go through it and check it out for myself.  

I had Brynn on my back most of the hike and getting through the slot canyons were a little difficult at times. I got stuck on one of them and had to push my way through!!!


The babies did so well and Hudson actually fell asleep like this, he must have been one tired little guy:)
My sweet angel, it was fun having her on my back the whole time.  Brandon is too adventurous to have her on his back. He was all over the place scaring the crap out of most of us! 
Bennett fell asleep on Uncle Casey's shoulders!  We ended up getting a little turned around and had to go through a few canyons to find our way out.  The little kids did really well considering it was cold and we were in there for over 3 hours.  I can't wait to do it again it could possible be one of the neatest things I have done so far!!!
 After the Fiery Furnace we drove to a place called Window Arches (I think). Jordan and I literally ran up to the top, had a guy take our picture, and ran back to the cars.  Everyone else was done after hiking for that long.  There are so many arches everywhere with that many in the making. Loved it!!!

1 comment:

Jordan said...

I would NEVER say "Hydrate or die!"