Day two we were off and running! We first went to Deadhorse Point which was incredible! You drive for quite awhile and all the sudden there are cliffs (or clifts as Kambri calls them) and a big open canyon in the middle of no where. It was a little scary being that high up. Bennett clung to Uncle Casey almost the whole time and was a little freaked out by the height issue.
Jordan's Mom took some fun pictures of my kids for me when I didn't even know she was taking them. My kids started calling her Nanny Dani (like Kenlee does) They had fun having two grandmas there!
These little girls are serious rock climbers! They were all over the place.
Here is almost all of the gang. We had quite the group of people. It was a lot of fun being able to be with Brandon's family. We don't take trips that often with them so it was nice to spend some time together.
I thought this picture of Bennett and Brynn was so cute.
I thought this picture of Bennett and Brynn was so cute.
Oh boy trying to get a family picture is a joke. I am sure the more kids you have the harder it gets too. And don't know what I was thinking having my hat that low you can't even see my eyes lol!
Now for a little history lesson about why it is called Deadhorse point. The cowboys will get all of the wild horses and corral them onto the point. Then they would pick the ones they wanted and barricade the rest on the point and leave them there to die. A little gruesome and strange, but interesting!
It really was an awesome place to see. It is amazing that there is so much beauty surrounding us wherever we go.
Our second stop was Mesa Arch. Another incredible place. It was a short easy walk to the arch and really great once we got there. Once again Bennett and I were at the back of the pack so he could mozy along. Playing with sticks and throwing rocks.
Brandon was the crazy one that went onto the arch and scared the crap out of us. He seriously wasn't scared at all. It kinda creeps me out. I walked out to stand with him, but only half way and I wanted to crawl the entire way. As soon as they took the picture I was out of there!
Isn't that view crazy? I love that there is an arch and behind it is this amazing scenery. It turned out to be an awesome picture even though it made me pretty nervous to have my kids that close to a drop-off.
Oh little Brynnie you are too cute!
Great picture of my hubby and me! I love that we have been there now and can say that we were standing on something that had that crazy of a backdrop!
Brandon and Casey on the arch. No one else decided to venture out. It really was super scary.















9 comments:
I too am a Moab virgin~ and feel the same way about it. It is everything I would love in a vacation, yet for some reason I have failed to make it there. Hmmm... it is on my list for this year, we'll see if it happens:) Your pictures are amazing, and your family is so flippin' adorable!
great pics:) cute family!
looks like a great trip. i have never been to moab and now i totally want to go!
wow! great pics, kara! they make me miss utah! i can't believe how big your little bryn is already!
Looks like a fun trip, and nice and warm!! I have only been there for work years back and didn't stay to play. How beautiful it is! What impressive little hikers you have- looks like some great exercise!
Love those places! They are kind of scary, especially Mesa Arch because you have to get so close to the edge to really see what's going on! Sarandon told us she didn't want to go to Dead Horse Point or Canyonlands this last time because it was too dangerous! She's too funny :0) I'm glad you guys had fun, now you know what our fascination with Moab is all about!!!
Looks like you guys had so much fun!!! I have never been up there... I guess I should go one day. WOW
Guess what..I have never been to Moab either! I have been lots of places..but Moab and Jackson Hole! THey are on my to do list! Looks so beautiful! Brynn is growing up so fast!
moab is so fab! and these picts are so great--looks like you guys had a blast!
Post a Comment