Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I love Moab!!!

 We went to Moab a few weekends ago and I hate to say it but I was a Moab virgin!  Yes that's right Brandon and I had never been there before. Why I have no idea, but we never went as a family and Brandon and I have never gone since we have been married. Brandon's parents gave us a trip for Christmas and due to the kindness of my sister-in-law Jordan and her parents we got to tag along with them on their annual Moab trip. 
We started right away (we had quite the itinerary to keep) with a hike to Delicate Arch.  It was good hike and not too hard for the kids.  
Jordan took Kambri and she was off, I didn't see her pretty much the entire hike. She is a little Mountain Goat, seriously she did so well on all of the hikes and was the the front the entire time. Kenlee and Kambri had fun riding bikes and playing together. 
For those of you that don't think my baby looks like me here is a picture for you!  Yep she has my squinty eyes and smile!!! She really liked the pack and was an angel:) 
 Jordan was trying to keep Kambri from going off of the edge!  Her and Bryndie had fun hiking together on this one. Bryndie was a big helper the entire time!
 Oh Bennett he is quite the character. I tell ya this little boy has definitely hit the "Terrible Threes" not two's for all of you Mom's out there that have a two year old it is the Threes. He did pretty well on the way up but I had to keep prodding him along, which he didn't like. He wanted to stop and dig in any sand he found, which was everywhere obviously. I tried to let him play as much as I could without everyone being a mile in front of us.  He was just being three which I couldn't blame him for. Good thing he is a cute little bugger:) 
 I love this picture of him pulling his Papa. Don't be deceived it was usually me pulling him the whole time!

Nana Debbie with her two cute granddaughters!  They are lucky to have such great grandparents!
Oh and we made it!!! How pretty is this?  Definitely worth every minute of the hike. This was my first exposure to all things beautiful in Moab. I still can't believe all of the fun things there are to do there.

 Brandon decided it would be fun to hike to the arch with everyone. Which was fine except he then took Kambri and went down the other way instead of coming back up. The only way to go is to the right of this picture and what you don't see is a big bowl separating us from the arch which is really deep a good sized drop off the other side.  He was giving everyone a panic attack, even people we didn't know were a little nervous for them. I wonder where Kambri gets her lack of fear from while hiking?!!!


 Besides Kambri refusing to pee on the hike and almost peeing her pants before finally deciding to go in the toilets in the ground (outhouses), we had an awesome first day.  Oh and I LOVE my new camera!!!!

10 comments:

Crystal Taylor said...

We LOVE Moab!! Seriously one of our favorite places to visit! No matter how many times we go, we always do something different.
Fun!

Chelle said...

I've never been either. Looks like fun though!

KT said...

I think I've been there when I was little, b/c it looks familiar, but not with my kiddo's, and they would love hiking there! Climbing on the red rock in st george and bryce canyon is their fav.
I also agree, 2's are fine, it's 3 when they're hard. Then 4 is good again.

Morgan Greaves said...

Looks like so much fun! You guys are the cutest little family!!!

~adelle said...

Moab is BEAUTIFUL. I had to do quite a bit of encouraging on our last trip down. Three Year Olds, are the best of hikers. :)

Glad you got to escape!

Eichmeiers said...

Looks so fun, i too have never been, but i wanna go!

Jordan said...

Great post. Maybe i'll post about Moab someday. And i love your new background!

Erin said...

Sounds like the perfect little trip! I think I need to take my family to Moab now :)

Sharstin said...

what a blast! such a cute fam! i love moab~

Heather D said...

Yep it rocks! I loved the part about Bennett bending over to dig in the sand every chance he got! That was my Dantley on the way up Delicate Arch last weekend! It took her and myself a little longer than everyone else because she had to dig and stop at every rock tower people had made and pretend it was cake!!