I didn't realize what a big deal having a kindergartner really is. I remember my friends that had kids going to kindergarten last year saying they cried and I didn't think I would be like that. I was wrong! The weeks leading up to the BIG day I thought a lot about the changes our little family were in for. I decided to do morning kindergarten. Some think I am crazy and some days I wonder why I did it. We are NOT morning people. On a regular day we get up around 9:00 and lounge around for a few hours. We don't have serious schedules in this house and we just go with the flow. But I didn't want to be waiting around all morning to take Kambri to school and Brynn takes naps in the afternoon so I wouldn't even have the time to run errands anyways. So I decided to go for morning kindergarten. I prepped Kambri for weeks on what we were going to do when we got up. She made the schedule: get up, get dressed, eat, brush teeth, and do hair. She was super excited to go and the night before I got her a new book about going to school for the first time. I think that made her even more excited.
The big morning she was SO excited. She did really well in the morning and was a happy little girl. We got her all ready and the whole fam headed out.
Walking into school excited and nervous. Lots of kids and lots of parents. She found her name tag and went to find her seat. She was a little sad at first but then told me I was messing up her drawing and gave me a smile. I took that as my cue to leave:(

Here she is sitting on her little table. I was a little sad that she was so OK with me leaving, but happy that it wasn't hard for her. We walked out and I peaked one more time at her and then I couldn't hold it in any longer. I started to cry and felt like it was the end of an era. The end of my easy peasy life with no schedule was over. My baby officially entered the school system and the influence of all of the others kids. The list could go on and on, but I was sad.
By the time I picked her up I was OK and excited to see how the day went for her. She loved it and had so much fun. Her teacher Mrs Ashby is very nice and Kambri really likes her. Our morning have been somewhat OK. I need to figure out how to get her out of bed in the morning without it taking 20 minutes, but other than that she seems to be doing great. I haven't had to set my alarm for six years so it has been an adjustment. I am exhausted by the end of the day. I'm hoping my body will just get used to it and I won't be so blasted tired everyday. Here is to a good year of Kindergarten:)








7 comments:
ugh...mornings... :(
Cute pics!
I am with you friend, that day was hard for me, and it does feel like they are just growing up. So glad she had a great day:) let's hit the park this week, thecweather has been so nice:)
OH she is getting so big!! You are a great Mom. You will get used to the mornings i promise. How all is well, call me and lets get together
Kindergarten is bittersweet ( at least that is what I think)! She is so dang cute!
I had to go into Miss Ashby's class a couple of times last week and she always looks like she's having so much fun. I always wave at her and she smiles and waves back. :) She's so cute!
My Meggy's loves that girl of yours. So hard to watch them get big.
Oh the memories you brought back for me! I'm not a cryer at all, but cried when both Kimball and Avery started. For so many reasons like you said. Life goes by fast. You will be glad you chose morning to get her adjusted, Avery's not a morning person, so I did the same with her, and it really helped for 1st grade.
If she doesn't go to sleep early, you may want to try melatonin. Its an herb to help you sleep, and get melatonin1 at GNC cherry flavored. They don't need it every night, but on nights they're not going to sleep good, it helps!!
Post a Comment