Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Riley

I don't think I have every blogged about our puppy dog Riley.  I can't believe that, he has been with us since the beginning. We got Riley right after we were married.  He was and is the one of the cutest Yorkies I have ever seen.  And to say that he has little dog syndrome is an understatement. Good things big dogs are so nice because he flat out attacks them and goes for their face. He thinks he is huge and doesn't care.  He is a crazy dog and I don't think there is another Riley out there. 
 When Brandon was training for his marathon Riley ran with him everyday.  The farthest he went was 21 miles, yep 21 miles. Crazy dog!  We are kinda bad pet owners and started a bad habit when he was a puppy of letting him just roam the neighborhood. So when we lived in Riverdale he would get out and just wander. He would go to my Mom's house over a mile away and sometimes he would be gone for eight hours.  He was populating the neighborhood (like I said we suck as pet owners!) We studded him out a bunch of times and sold his puppies to some friends and family. He loves to chew on rocks, which has ruined his teeth and is really annoying because he barks nonstop. He wants you to throw it so he can chase it, but he won't give you the rock. Crazy dog I tell ya.  He is never sick and seriously hasn't had any problems.  He loves Brandon and when we go on walks if Brandon isn't right by him he waits for him and won't go without him.  He also really only likes to listen to Brandon when he is barking at everyone that comes to our house (yes one of those little yappy dogs!)  He is pretty good with the kids.  If they pull his hair he snaps at them but never bites them. Then he licks them to say he is sorry. They love him and we hope that he will one day decide to sleep with Kambri instead of with us!  We love our Riley puppy and hope that he is around for a LONG time:)

No comments: