Thursday, January 7, 2010

Party and Cake!

The Train Cake!
Yes this beauty was made by BriAnne and myself. We had so much fun making his cake. It was my first time working with fondant and I definitely need some more practice. Bri was the major artist behind this master piece! The top tier is made of fun fetti cake and the bottom is a vanilla almond cake that I made, with butter cream frosting. It was really yummy! It took us a long time, but it was great to be able to see it all come together.

Bennett loved the cake and we had a hard time keeping him from pulling it all apart. He saw the train on top that I made and wanted it so bad!

The great family picture! Kambri's look is priceless. She really was happy to be there:)

Bennett has been practicing blowing out things to get ready for his birthday. He did a good job and loved everyone singing to him. And even though it looks like Halen helped him, Bennett was able to blow them out himself! I kept telling him all day that it was his birthday and he would get kinda shy. So when everyone came over he was pretty excited, but still didn't wasn't so sure that it was all for him!

We had about 25 people there and there were about 7 missing! It was mad chaos as always.
My cute birthday boy!!!
I don't have too many pics of him opening his presents. My father-in-law has most of them on his camera still. Bennett had plenty of help from his sister and cousins! He would open something and love it so he didn't want to keep opening other presents. He got lots of fun stuff, books, car table, leap frog alphabet, tools and tool set, match box cars, zhu zhu pet, and other fun stuff. He loved all of them and had a good night. Thank you to everyone that helped out and came to celebrate with us!!!


18 comments:

Sharstin said...

your cake is fabulous!! awesome job! Bennett is such a cute little bug! looks like such a fun party~

nspency said...

Wow....now that is a cake.....good job! Looks like he had a blast. I love how Halen is helping him blow out the candles, my kids always did that too.

Our family said...

LOve your cake. You did a great job. It looks like your little man had a great birthday. He is such a cute kid.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. Your cake is great. A lot better than my first a tempt with fondant, I don't like it but Maggie helped me and she loved it so I am sure we will use it again. Happy Birthday Bennett!

Jordan said...

Such a cute cake and a fun party! Glad we could share this special day with him!

KT said...

Wow that cake is amazing! I really should work on my cakes.
As far as the background, I totally copied yours. I tried others trying not to copy, but yours is just the best. haha

Kami said...

So I saw that cake online when we were looking for a train cake for Ridge. You totally hit it! It looks just like it, Seriously such cute cute cake! He looks so so big! Good Job!

Frankie and Krista said...

I have been waiting to see a picture of this amazing cake. So Cute!! I can't believe how old he is already.

McBride Family said...

that cake is AWESOME! i LOVE it! what are you and BriAnne doing March 10th (Noah's bday)? Want to make another one?!

Morgan Greaves said...

Wow what a cake! It looks like it is almost as big as him. What a cute little guy...getting so big!

P and C said...

Super impressed with your cake-it looks darling! Hope you are still feeling good and everything is well. It was great to see you the other day! :)

Cami said...

That cake is awesome!! Your family is so cute!!

The Hunts said...

Nice job...you have killer cake making skills...aren't they so much fun? Kayson's is coming up and I'm so nervous!

Palmers said...

You and Bri are good is all I can say. That cake looks like it is fake! I almost said like a picture but it is a picture I am looking at:) funny hu? I'm sure Bennett loved it. Kambri's face is priceless just like you said. And Bennett is a miny Brandon, I know I say that all the time but I just can't believe it:) Hope he had a fun day. Looks like it was great!

Eichmeiers said...

Wow, great job on the cake! Super cute and so is Bennett! Happy birthday:)

Amy said...

Happy Birthday to your little guy! Where do you get these ideas for cakes? That is awesome. My little guy is turning 2 in a couple of weeks and I need a tutorial.

Amy Lynn said...

What a fabulous cake!! You two are talented. Your family is so cute!

Erin said...

LOVE the cake! You guys did such a good job!! Your little guy is getting so big Kara...where has time gone?! Glad to hear that he had a perfect day!