Tuesday, July 7, 2009

16 again

I went to girls camp this past week and had so much fun. This is the first time I have been since I was in YW and I had a great time. It was such a weird feeling being a leader instead of a girl. I felt like I was 16 again and should be right there with the girls. Or maybe I just act like I should be 16!!! I saw a bunch my leaders from my parents ward and it was such a surreal feeling. My friend Jamie came up a couple of days and when we walked around it was like it wasn't that long ago that we were there together in our own girls camp. But I did have fun being a leader. I loved watching the girls and seeing how fun they are and getting to go tubing down the river with them. Good times falling off the tubes:) And it was nice having the perks of a leader, aka showers! And the best part of all is when I came home to my sweet family and felt the over whelming love for them. I wish the feeling of coming home and missing your children could last all the time. You feel so grateful for them and have lots more patience!!!
*My camera broke the other day so have I lots of pics on Bri's camera to post*

8 comments:

Toni said...

That is way fun! I want to be in young womens just for that. I remember the leaders seeming so old though! Seems like yesterday it was me there...

The Hunts said...

Kara your family is just too stinkin cute!!! I can't believe how fast your little weeds are sprouting up! I can't wait til you have another one. I really miss seeing you. We should find a way to get together and scrap book or do crafts or some fun mommy crap together!!

The Hicken's said...

How fun! I love girls camp. Hey I am sorry I never got back to you yesterday! I didn't get your message until late Sunday night and couldn't come. I want to get together again soon though! I am sad I missed it.

The Hatch Batch said...

I always loved girls camp too! Steph and I had some fun times:) I was a leader at camp too a few years ago.

Sorry I missed the play day too. We are heading to powell this week and I've been getting ready these last few days. Let's do a swim day or something soon-

Sherice said...

Oh, girls camp... such great times! I felt the same way up there- it really takes you back. I'm glad you guys had a great time! I bet your family was extrememly happy to see you again too! :)

KT said...

wow Kambri looks so old in that pic! Crazy. Girls camp was so fun!

Bree said...

Seriously I have so many fun memories of girls camp with you and all our tenting pals. I could just laugh about it all day. Like the tenting situation we had with Trigger. And our made up names. Wow it seems like forever ago. Good memories. I am glad you got to go have a great time as a leader.

Kenzie said...

I am glad you had fun, ours is in 2 weeks and we are really excited!!