Monday, July 12, 2010

Me A Handsome Boy

I have been wanting to post about Bennett for quite some time! He is getting so big and I am so in love with this little guy. How he talks is my favorite thing. I always tell him he is my handsome boy and so now I'll say hey dude or hey Bennett, and he'll say me not a dude me a handsome boy! His incorrect grammar is the best and I'm not too excited for him to start speaking correctly. He F's come out as S's so foot is soot, and his V's are B's. Some of his favorite things are dinohoars (yes that is how he says it), cars, his 4-wheeler which sounds like tro...ller, quirt bottle (squirt bottle), guns...which he asks every day when Brandon is going hunting and says that him and his daddy are going to shoot some deers. Nice I know! His eye teeth are probably the pointiest little things I have ever seen and we call him sharp tooth! He can be super sweet to Kambri and will comfort her if she is sad or hurt. But he also likes to do things just to make her mad, like take her stuff and says "whook sissy whook I have your barbie" He is in love with Brynn and always wants to know where his Brynnie is and sometimes I try and hide her so he won't wake her up. (Not very easy to do when you are all in one big space) Him and Kambri both weigh 28lbs, but he is still a little shorter than her at 36 inches. I get asked all the time if they are twins.

(This is him curling his tongue, I still can't do that:)

He says the cutest things. The other day I was carrying out some wood to the garbage can and he said, "Mom what ya doin?" So I told him and asked him if he would like to help. He looked at me and held up both of his hands and said, "I can't my hands are too wittle (little)" It was one of the cutest things I have ever heard. Then a couple of minutes later he said, "Mom my hands are big now" He loves his cousins Halen and Nicholas and calls them his buddies. He has the best faces and gives his angry face to people he doesn't know. I will tell him to do his happy face and then his angry face. It's so cute to watch him process in his brain which facial expressions to make. The other day we were at my sister's house for dinner and the sun was shining on her back door so my family could see Bennett looking in the window, but all Bennett could see was his reflection. They said he sat there for about 5 minutes making faces in the window and roaring at himself. They all loved watching him knowing he didn't know anyone was watching.

He still gets up earlier than Kambri, but now that it is complete darkness in the basement he sleeps in until 8:30 which is so nice. He is a very scheduled kid and likes his oatmeal and chocolate milk (instant breakfast) as soon as he gets up every morning. He still doesn't eat very many different things, but he did try and actually ate a green bean tonight. That is a miracle. He also will eat yogurt now and loved wipe nilla (white vanilla). I had to trick him though and tell him that the key lime pie kind is green nilla. He ate it though so now I just tell him the color and that it's nilla! But he didn't love blue nilla because of the blueberries:) He gets pretty ornery when he doesn't get food right when he's hungry. He is also very stubborn and has a hard time listening sometimes. He also does the typical two year old bi-polar disorder. One second he wants something and then the next second he completely changes his mind and gets mad because you gave him the first thing he wanted.
I took this picture because I love that he sleeps like this. I totally thought he was sleeping.
Until I took this picture and saw this cute little smile, too funny! And yes he still sleeps in his crib, I'm going to have to take him out soon, but I love that he will stay in there and that he still takes naps and won't try and get out. He is such a stud and we love this little guy so much! It makes me sad that he is getting big, this stage is the best!

6 comments:

Marcina said...

I found your little blog today! You have such a beautiful family! :)

LOVE the last picture! He's an adorable little guy.

Palmers said...

He is to funny. Ok so I am glad to hear he still sleeps in a crib. The other day someone was telling me I should take Landon out of his and put him in a bed and I don't want to either. He sleeps so good and when he wakes up he will just chill in there and play with his toys and doesn't make a peep. That is so funny he wasn't really asleep. He is a silly boy:)

Sharstin said...

he is so cute! and getting so big! I love that he was pretend sleeping--that last pict is hilarious!

KT said...

Cute post. His eating habits remind me of Kimball. He's so picky and hard to try new things. He's surviving w/school lunch though, they have a few options every day.

P and C said...

Soo cute! I've always thought little Bennett was such a doll! How fun that he's growing up and is such a sweet, handsome boy! :)

Toni said...

Ah, it's a good thing we got our sweet little boys to counter all the sass!