Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Swim Lessons

Swim lessons, who doesn't love them!!! This year we tried someone different and went to teacher Jane.  She taught at her friends pool in South Ogden.  Amazing yard and amazing pool, too bad I didn't get to stay and swim everyday:)   Bennett's little class had him and three other cute little kids.  
This was the day she had them wear life jackets. Bennett wasn't too sure about swim lessons since this was his first time. But he did great.  It took him awhile to warm up to the idea and by the end he was really doing well.  
Kambri was by far the youngest and smallest in her class but she held her own. She could only go for one week because the next week her Nana took her to Tennessee  (luck girl). But just during that first week she started to swim on her own and did awesome at holding her breath. I'm proud to say that by the time she got back from Tennessee, where they swam everyday, she is doing great. She is a little fish and is swimming!  She can hold her breath for 20 seconds and seriously loves the water.  She would like to do synchronized swimming, hmm wonder where you find a place that does that?

I was so proud of both of them for trying hard and doing their best.  Kambri can get pretty frustrated if she can't do something perfect the first time.  I keep reminding her that you have to practice and keep trying.  She definitely does that and excels at everything she tries. 

What did I do while they had back to back swim lessons?  Oh I had to chase this wild little girl around.  She wanted to get in the water sooo bad and I had to manhandle her almost the entire time.  Good thing this yard was amazing and lots for her to look at and do.  
And it helps that she is pretty darn cute!!!


1 comment:

Frankie and Krista said...

Kambri can do synchro here with Alexa!! In AZ they have it through the city swim. When I lived in Orem the Rec Center had it. Good luck!