Saturday, May 29, 2010

Baby Brynn

I took a little break from blogging and have been enjoying my beautiful baby girl. I can't believe how much your heart can increase in size when you have a new baby! Before I had her some friends and I were talking about newborns and I mentioned I didn't love the newborn stage. Wow was I wrong, I can't get enough of her and her newborn sweetness.


I got started on Wednesday May 12th. Brandon and I went in about 7:30 am and it was about 9:30 before I was hooked up to everything. The nurse was excited to tell me I was a 4 and almost all the way thinned. I informed her that I had been that way for 2 weeks! I wasn't too excited to get started because you have to just lay there, but I was strep B positive so it made me feel better that I had to have an IV anyways. At 10:30 they came and broke my water. This was a first for me, with Kambri & Bennett my water broke on it's own. I was holding off on the epidural because I don't mind having some pain. But by 11:00 I was having really strong contractions and wanted my epidural. It's not very fun when they are trying to put your epidural in and ask you questions and I was dying in pain! By 11:30 my epidural was in but I was still feeling pain. It was a different feeling than my earlier contractions and at 12:00 they were still there. I hadn't been checked since earlier that morning and my nurse came in and checked me and I was complete and ready to have her. I could tell that something was different with my contractions and I was probably an 8 when I got my epidural! We waited for Dr Bierer for about 20 minutes and after two pushes my beautiful little Brynn was born at 12:35 pm. Brandon and my Mom were the only ones in the room. I had her so fast that my sisters missed it and were on their way when I delivered. Dr Bierer thought he would be funny and when they saw her head he said all of that hair would look good on a boy! I didn't think it was too funny:)


Brynn Elizabeth weighed 7lbs and was 20 inches long. She looked a lot like Kambri. She has quite a bit of dark hair and gorgeous long eyelashes. She is so pretty and I feel blessed to have such a healthy beautiful baby girl!


Our family of five! Wow I can't believe I have three kiddos. I swear I am too young for that:)

Kambri and Bennett love her so much! Kambri told everyone that she was right and knew it was a girl (even though we always talked about having a girl with Kambri). Kambri was so cute, we always talked about that she would come when it was almost Summer. When she walked into the hospital room she said, "Mom it's not Summer yet!"

Grandma Wheelwright and sweet Brynn!

Nana and Papa such proud grandparents!

Another great thing about this whole experience was that I got to go through it with my best friend. Jamie had her baby the day before and asked her nurse if I could be in the room next to her. I wasn't too happy that I was due a week before her and was still pregnant when I went to see her darling Krew! We had fun walking to each other's rooms and taking pictures of our precious newborns (who could maybe be future husband and wife!)

7 comments:

Melissa said...

She is adorable. Cute name too!! By the way do you always look that good after having a baby!! You go girl.

Kenzie said...

Very cute!! That is cool about you and Jamie. How fun!

Jamie Hadlow said...

Brynn is so cute, and such a little CLONE of YOU! It was so much fun to be next door neighbors in the hospital. See if you can convince Brandon to have a baby at the same time as us again, just give me 7 months notice:). What if they really did get married? You never know...

Jamie Hadlow said...

By the way, I'll pay you to take the last pic off or photoshop my face so it doesn't look like I was hit by a truck:)

Sharstin said...

She is so adorable! So glad you are enjoying every minute!

KT said...

So cute. That would be the cutest picture if her and Krew did get married. They knew each other at a day old. I can't believe Jamie had another boy, so she has 3 right? That's fun to have each other there.
I was pregnant w/a friend due a month after me, and she had her baby first! I was very frustrated being pregnant another 2 weeks, when I knew I was suppose to be first!
Congrats. I really am going to come see her and your house some day, hopefully soon.

Palmers said...

That is so fun that you and Jamie had them at the same time and got to be right next to each other. That never happens:) She is a cutie. I can't believe you have 3 kiddos either that is crazy. Bennett and Kambri look so little holding Brynn it is cute. Babies are so fun! Hope your doing good. Mabey we could go do something if it would ever stop raining:)