So I have started playing sports again, after a long hiatus, and I must say I feel like I am getting old. I have so many bruises on my legs I look like a 10 year old boy. I really enjoy going out and playing, but I can tell its been awhile since I have done any physical activities!!! The other night Brandon and I were watching TV and I was thinking I feel like I am the same age as the characters on TV that are supposed to be in highschool. I asked Brandon "What its going to be like when we are 35," And he said we will still feel like we are the same age as them. So don't get me wrong I know I am not that old and I don't feel like I am getting older. But at the same time I can kind of feel it coming. I guess you just have to be as old as you feel, right?
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Getting old!!!
So I have started playing sports again, after a long hiatus, and I must say I feel like I am getting old. I have so many bruises on my legs I look like a 10 year old boy. I really enjoy going out and playing, but I can tell its been awhile since I have done any physical activities!!! The other night Brandon and I were watching TV and I was thinking I feel like I am the same age as the characters on TV that are supposed to be in highschool. I asked Brandon "What its going to be like when we are 35," And he said we will still feel like we are the same age as them. So don't get me wrong I know I am not that old and I don't feel like I am getting older. But at the same time I can kind of feel it coming. I guess you just have to be as old as you feel, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I feel the same way. We were at Lagoon, and we went on a couple of the crazy rides right in a row, and I got so sick. I don't remember being such a wimp when it comes to things like that, but it is sneaking up on me!
Well... you did AWESOME in soccer so I have no idea what you're talking about! ;o) I get those bruises all the time too. That's just what happens when all those girls are kicking at your legs instead of the ball. ;o)
But I still feel like I'm the same age as high schoolers on TV too. Not sure why though... I definitely don't get out as much as I did in high school. And Drew is a couple years younger than me and I don't feel any older than him. ;o)
Amen sista! My hip (sad I know) still hurts from dodgeball!! Hey, atleast you are out being active rather then sitting at home watching tv and eating potato chips :)
I totally know what you mean. I played softball for a couple weeks and couldn't move for days - it's just crazy to realize how out shape you are!
We are so not getting old!!! Or at least I keep telling myself that. I do the same thing by the way. I swear we are the same age as the peeps on Gossip Girl, I don't care if they're still in high school.
It does feel like we are still high school age! 26 is really not that old but sometimes it feels like it!
Seriously!
I was over at my grandma's house a few months ago and she just blurted out..."You know Monica, inside I feel like you look on the outside. Then I get up slowly and look in the mirror and am always shocked that this old body looks as old as it does. Inside I feel like I'm in my 20's."
That made me think about the same thing, how I feel like I just graduated high school not long ago and in a couple of years I will be 30! Yikes. It all just happens so fast!
Post a Comment