Thursday, March 6, 2008

Fettucine Alfredo


So this picture doesn't do it justice but I thought I would share with you this yummy recipe I just tried out for Fettucine Alfredo.

1/2 c butter
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
2 tsp garlic powder
2 cups milk
6 oz grated parmesan cheese (not the kind in the can)
1/8 tsp black pepper

Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add cream cheese and garlic powder, stirring with wire whisk until smooth. Add milk, a little at a time, whisking to smooth out lumps. Stir in parmesan cheese and pepper. Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency. Sauce will thicken rapidly, thin with milk if cooked too long. Toss with hot pasta to serve.

This makes a ton so if it isn't for a lot of people I would half the recipe. Also we put chicken in it and it was really good. Obviously this isn't for someone that is on a diet!!! Enjoy.

7 comments:

Bree said...

So glad you posted this..I have been looking for a good Alfredo sauce recipe for a while, I will totally have to try this, maybe tonight. YUM!!

Heather D said...

Hey Kara I totally stumbled onto your blog by accident, but I thought it was fun to see your cute kids, I could totally relate with the little bum thing cuz Dantley has a tiny one too! Heather Doutre

Lins said...

Kara! This is Lindsay (Robbie's wife:) ). I found your blog through Laura's. How cute. I have tried this recipe before and love it!
If you want, you can check out our blog sometime, it's not that exciting, but here's the address: www.rlloomisfam.blogspot.com.

Brandi said...

Yummy, that sounds delish! I'll have to try that. Thanks for the recipe.

The Tribe Family said...

Hey!! Cute Cute Blog.... Baby is so so cute.. I joined the blog world!!! Yummy food I will give recipe to Mike since he is the bigl cook in our family!!!

http://tribefamily.blogspot.com/
Let's hang out again soon!
Rachel and Mike Tribe

Danielle said...

It was delicious! Thanks for the recipe. Even easy enough that I could make it!

Sarah Jayne said...

Sounds really good and Tone gave it the shout out, so I guess I better try it! That will be what is for dinner tonight!