Friday, March 14, 2008

What you said?


Have you ever noticed that once your little ones start talking that they repeat everything you say. The other night I am putting Kambri to sleep and she is talking away. These are some of the things she was saying. "Your a sassy frass, and I said no I'm not a sassy frass." "You be nice to people, and don't say no to people, and don't shut doors on people." "If you say that again you are going in time out." I am sitting there trying not to laugh as she is repeating everything I have said to her in the past couple of days. I better be careful what I say to her if I don't want it told to the whole world. Kambri also has these cute things she says all the time. She will say, "What you said, wook it daddy, snile (smile), you did such a good job mommy, you a good girl mommy, and tons of other things. Every once in a while Brandon and I will say them and I started thinking, did she learn that from me or the other way around. You start to wonder how much you teach your kids compared to how much they teach you.
ps I saw her reading to her doll, so cute!!!

11 comments:

Nicole said...

JB say's some of the same things and I also wonder, did he get that from me or did I get that from him? I love it when he says "good job mommy!" But the worst is when I tell him to "shush" in church and he yells "you can't shush me mommy!" what a stinker!!

Anonymous said...

YOu have the cutest kids!! I love Kambri's hair!

Kristen said...

It's all fun and games until little Kambri drops one of mom's potty mouth words. Then you'll really watch what you say in front of her. About the temple recommend thing, Rob and I both keep ours in his wallet behind his drivers license. Then we always know where they are:)

Danielle said...

She is getting so big. Can't wait to come and see you guys next month.

Ashley ;o) said...

Lol... that's so funny! I remember when Jamie and I came to visit you after you had Bennett... you asked Kambri to do something and she said "I can't... my belly is too big." Do you remember that?! ;o) You told us you had said that while you were pregnant with Bennett. So cute! She is such a doll!

Bree said...

That is the cuttest pic. It is so crazy when they repeat what we say and sometimes a bit dangerous. Kennedy always eves-drops in on my phone conversations and then repeats them at later times and it is always very interesting. They just catch on too quick..huh?

Jamie Hadlow said...

Very cute pic of Kambri. I love that she repeats what you said. She makes me laugh.

Brandi said...

Kambri is so cute! I love how kids repeat the things you say. I especially love it when my girls are telling each other not to scream, then threaten time out. Sorry about the temple recommends. I hope you found them.

Erin said...

So cute! Kambri is so tiny, I love it! It is funny how our kide repeat what we say. I hear Cooper repeat things we have said ALL the time (some good, some bad :)

Sarah Jayne said...

So cute! I have definately noticed taylor bossing her little dolls around too! "you be nice!" anyway, how in the world do you find such cute templates?

Lisa said...

She is darling! I love those little moments when they are just so cute you can't resist them! I love your blog too.