I am so excited about how the cakes turned out, that I had to do a post just for them. Normally I am not one to make cakes and have paid someone to make Kambri's. But I found the cutest one online and wanted to try it. Of course I couldn't do it without my family to help me. First I baked the cake from scratch. Yes that was a first for me! And we also made the buttercream frosting from scratch too.
My wonderful brother Brock and his cute wife Betsy cut out the pieces for the dinosuar. And since one wasn't hard enough I really wanted to have a miniature one for Bennett. Betsy is so talented and made one for him.
The crumb frosting part wasn't too easy. I tried to make Brock do most of it!
Oh Bri, what would I do without you??? She is so willing to help whenever I need it. She piped both cakes and her hands were feeling it. She did such a great job.

I made the spikes out of fondant. I have always wanted to make something with it, but have been a little scared too. It wasn't that bad. It took a long time, and a lot of muscle, to die it the right color. But I think I did alright cutting out the cute little spikes.
My wonderful brother Brock and his cute wife Betsy cut out the pieces for the dinosuar. And since one wasn't hard enough I really wanted to have a miniature one for Bennett. Betsy is so talented and made one for him.
The crumb frosting part wasn't too easy. I tried to make Brock do most of it!
Oh Bri, what would I do without you??? She is so willing to help whenever I need it. She piped both cakes and her hands were feeling it. She did such a great job.
I made the spikes out of fondant. I have always wanted to make something with it, but have been a little scared too. It wasn't that bad. It took a long time, and a lot of muscle, to die it the right color. But I think I did alright cutting out the cute little spikes.





14 comments:
Happy Birthday Bennett!! I can't believe he is one already. its so sad they grow so fast. The cake is darling I love it good job!!
Great job on the cakes! They look so cute.
I didn't realize the work that went in to the cakes when I read the post above! You are Super Mom! And what a nice family you have to come and help out!
Way to go you guys did great they are very cute.
I'm so glad my kids are getting out of the cute cake stage. They are SO time consuming...but worth it. Good job...his cakes were darling.
So so cute. Good Job! I love that you did a mini one for him. How is he one already? Don't you feel like we all just had newborns and now they are all one. It is crazy! Well looks like so much fun. Happy Birthday Bennett!
So cute Kara--you guys did a GREAT job... it looks so good and the party really looked like it was a ton of fun. He is so cute
So cute Kara--you guys did a GREAT job... it looks so good and the party really looked like it was a ton of fun. He is so cute
wow they turned out really cute! It looks like it was fun getting everyone together to make them. Bri is good! You're spikes are really good also, I've never made fondant, maybe you can help me w/my kids one of these days! lol I usually just get lazy, make a box cake, and maybe put sprinkels on top :) Then try to find some toy to shove in it! lol
Holy cow good job you guys that is an awesome looking cake you did a great job!
wow!!! what talent!!! i think you and bri should do an enrichment night and teach us how to decorate/make a cute cake like that. i don't even know how to do piping nor anything about fondant. i watch 'ace of cakes' and think it looks impossible, and then there you two are doing it in your own kitchen! please teach me!
Wow that's alot of work! They are super cute but I won't be trying homemade cakes anytime soon after reading that! I'm glad he had a fun day!
So cute! I love kids birthdays and making the cakes! It's the best and that dinosaur is fierce! :) I can't believe our boys are getting so old. Nash was 11 months yesterday. Crazy!
Post a Comment